Derek founded CDbaby the largest online distributor of independent music and sold it a few years ago to DiscMakers for $22 million. He also created a viral TED talk called “How to Start a Movement” which displayed a one lone nut dancing at a concert, and the movement that happened from the first follower. He has a successful blog at Sivers.org and a new book entitled “Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur”
Check out his book just released today: Anything You Want
Here are his great TED Talk Videos:
Here are amazing interviews of Derek:
- How A Musician Built A $22 Million Dollar Business From His Home. –The Derek Sivers Interview
- How Derek Sivers Sold His Company (as sole owner) For $22M
- Derek Sivers – Hit Media/CDbaby.com Founder and CEO
- Puremusic interview with Derek Sivers
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast:
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- Maslow on Management by Abraham Maslow
Check out Sivers.org to find out more from Derek.
Thanks so much for listening! If you like these interviews subscribe via iTunes.