I like to think of myself as a transparent person. In real life (not that blogging isn’t real life, but well you know) if you were to ask me how much money I made, what I pay for my mortgage or what my goals for the future are, I would gladly tell you.
I think as a human being, we need support to reach our goals. The only way I know to gain true support is to be open, honest and tell people what our goals are. But many people don’t want to be open about their goals because they don’t want everyone to know when they fail.
The most important thing you can do to reach your goals is to tell everyone. It’s even better if the other person thinks you’re crazy. It’s always more fun when you can prove them wrong.
So here are my 2010 goals as written in my little paperblanks journal.
1. I meditate five times per week, and let go of situations I have no control over.
I’m not a very religious person, but meditation has helped clear my over active mind many times, and when I do it I am a calmer person. I’m also a perfectionist so letting go of situations I have no control over is a great thing for me to improve on.
2. I earn $2,000 per month passively.
I’m really intrigued with passive income, something I want to explore more in this blog. I am working on a few projects right now that are really fun and hopefully will bring in passive income soon.
3. I maintain 140-145 pounds and no longer eat any sugar or fake sugar products.
Wow, I’m telling the world how much I weigh! How’s that for transparency? I am the type that will overeat sweets so I have completely cut sugar out of my diet as of January 1st. Even though I occasionally LONG for chocolate, I really do feel amazing without it.
4. I have a clean and organized home with an office that is a sanctuary.
With small children, cleaning is hard to keep up with, but it’s extremely important to me. We are finishing our attic to be a much larger office for my husband and I, and it will be quieter too when the little ones are home.
5. We took two family trips that were amazing and fun.
Planning these currently!
6. We contributed $1,000 to great causes.
We don’t give as much as I want to. I would love to give more than this too, but I’ve made it a goal this year.
7. Matt and I go on a date night once per week.
Time away from the kids is usually few and far between, and putting this into a goal will help make it a reality! But we’re still working on this goal right now, it’s amazing how hard it is.
8. We maxed out our Roth IRAs.
Last year was a hard year for us income wise. We had my daughter, my high deductible insurance didn’t cover the pregnancy, I took over 3 months leave, and my husband took over a month off during his busy season.
My brother in law’s family also had a baby during the busy season, and since they perform a show together that meant almost 2 months of no income during the busiest time of the year.
While it was great to have my husband home, we stopped contributing to our retirement. It’s time to make that a priority again.
LONG Term Goals:
- We own our home outright.
- I make six figures again doing what I love.
- We take month long vacations with the children.
- We own an investment property outright.
- I’m an author of a published book.
- I am a pilot. (my husband doesn’t like this goal!)
- I’ve been on Virgin Galatic on a trip to space
- My net worth is over $1,000,000
What are some of your goals for 2010? How are they coming since we are a third of the way through?
If you are new you might want to subscribe to my RSS Feed to receive updates on my successes and failures!